When planning your next camping trip, we have some camping hacks you may want to consider by putting these items on your packing list. After using them a few times, you won’t leave home without them!
- Temporary patch for a hole in a tent or tent floor
- Splint a broken tent pole with duct tape and a tree limb
- Temporarily patch a hole in your boat or float tube
- Repair a leaky water bottle
- Garbage (of course!)
- Emergency rain coat
- Dirty clothes
- Keep one inside the tent for dirty shoes. It will help keep the tent floor clean.
- Change into slippers for walking around the tent
- Wet or muddy shoes go into a small garbage bag for transport home
- Quart sized freezer baggie for a roll of toilet paper to keep it clean and dry
- Pull the cardboard from the center of the roll
- Extend the paper from the center
- Gallon size or larger to pack clothes before placing in your pack or duffle bag
- Separate bags for underwear, socks, pants, shirts, and toiletries
- Keeps all clothing dry
- Easy access and convenience
Collapsible clothes hamper or garbage can with garbage bag liner
- Easy to pack and transport
- Convenient for collecting garbage around your picnic table, cook stove, and campsite
Extra rope or paracord
- Emergency tent support
- Keep tarps stretched tight
- **Remember the clothes pins for clothes and towels**
Surveyors tape (plastic non-sticky) tape that comes in various bright colors
- Tie onto tent and tarp lines to make them more visible
Portable Solar panel with battery pack
- To recharge lights
- Recharge your phones
- Keep your GPS recharged
Fire starters – the basics plus a few things you may never have heard about
- Matches stored in a Tupperware container with a strip of sandpaper glued to the top for striking
- Cardboard egg carton with a few briquets will assist in getting your fire going
- Doritos, delicious to eat and they’ll hold a flame!
- Flint and steel
Washing machine made with a plunger and bucket
- Cut a hole in the lid for the plunger handle to extend through
- Add clothes, water, and soap
- Close the lid and plunge away!
- Change water for rinse cycle
- Hang clothes to dry!
Camping should be fun and comfortable. You can find more outdoor tips in our videos section, and hopefully these tips will help you do both!